Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Joy of a Democracy

I went to the republican caucus in my precinct this week. Wow! Who knew that people could get so worked up about precinct chairman? Seriously I think that it was the most exercise some of those old people get all week. I am personally registered as an independent and as a result could not say a single word the whole two hours I was there. There was defiantly some comedy though the seated chairman wanted to be elected again, but was ousted by a previous mayor of Provo. Then he wanted vice chair and was ousted by someone who had no experience in the political world. Don’t worry though he still got to be a state delegate which if he hadn’t I think there would have been major tears. The technology was very sophisticated for the voting. They used index cards torn into fourths and then they were counted at the front of the room by some random guys. Now it may just be me but that makes me a little nervous. I think that there are a few things that you should know before attending a caucus. First make sure to eat dinner before you go. Take gum with you to offer to the old lady next to you and always take a friend.

No comments: