Friday, March 27, 2009

BYU is a Killer of life

It has been the hardest year of my life. Just so all of you know no matter what anyone says BYU is way harder than UVU. I used to think I was smart, that was just because the curve was bigger. Now I feel like I have been thrown to the sharks. There is also the added stress of relationships and getting married. As you walk across campus on any given day you will probably see relationships starting, ending, progressing to engagement and girls hunting out their future spouse. This adds stress for those of us that are too busy trying to stay afloat in our studies. How could I possibly add another class of getting a boyfriend. That would be at least a ten credit class based on the amount of time it would consume. People think college is all about learning new things. They're wrong. Its all about learning how much you don't know and how much other people around you don't know. If what they don't know is more than you don't know you will get an A. Therefore, no one is your friend. It is all a bloodthirsty battle and the most vicious win. Not to be the pessimist, I love school and learning, it is making me a well rounded individual. Right?

On a different note, with the recession everyone is freaking out and hoarding their money. Well folks good job if you want to start the second great depression. People in America need to be smart. "Oh be wise what can I say more." If people stop spending more than they earn for that boat and vacation houses then we will be fine. Live and learn right, I guess it might just take another depression for the kids in this generation to learn wisdom. Why is it that wisdom and knowledge are always learned the hard way, by falling flat on our faces?

No comments: